Due to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to attend the AAA Annual Meeting, AAA is unable to offer on-site childcare during the 2021 AAA Annual Meeting. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and look forward to offering this service again in the future when we return to a safer public health situation.
This year, instead of providing on-site childcare services, the Association will offer stipends of up to US$250 to assist AAA members who have childcare costs during the 2021 AAA Annual Meeting. The stipends are intended to help offset the cost of child care, enabling attendees with dependent children to attend the meeting.
Stipend Eligibility and Terms
All AAA members registered for in-person Annual Meeting participation are eligible to receive a stipend of up to $250, to be reimbursed upon submittal of suitable documentation.
- Stipend recipients must be AAA members and must be registered for the 2021 AAA Annual Meeting.
- Only one parent of a child or children may apply for a stipend.
- Allowable expenses include babysitters (on-site at the conference location or child care at home) and airfare/hotel costs for a caregiver to accompany the child to the annual meeting location.
- Not eligible for reimbursement are meals, onsite transportation, and tickets to museums and other attractions, as well as childcare expenses (nanny, babysitter, after-school care) not related to attendance at the meeting.
- Childcare funds cannot be used to fund travel or other expenses related to the attendee’s participation in the meeting (including meeting registration or other expenses the attendee would already be incurring by attending the meeting).
- Funds cannot be used for travel expenses for the child or children.
Reimbursements will be distributed following the annual meeting. To receive a reimbursement for childcare, you will complete the 2021 AAA Annual Meeting Childcare Stipend Google Form, through which you will submit your original or electronic receipts.
Reimbursement may be requested for eligible expenses up to the maximum amount of the stipend. Expenses in excess of the stipend limit amount must be covered by the individual recipient. No funds can be distributed prior to the conclusion of the 2021 AAA Annual Meeting, and no funds are distributed on site at the meeting.
Please connect with the AAA Meetings Team using the form below for additional information.
[contact-form to=”firstname.lastname@example.org” subject=”Childcare Stipend Question”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]