Interactive Table of Contents
Student volunteers are needed to help make the 2021 AAA Annual Meeting a success. Volunteering is a great way for students to network while getting a behind-the-scenes look at the meeting and receiving complimentary meeting registration. Open to all graduate students.
To volunteer, students must submit an application form. The 2021 AAA Annual Meeting Volunteer Application deadline is Friday, October 1, 2021. The AAA Accessibility & Meetings Manager, Nell (she/her/hers), will contact all applicants to confirm the receipt of their application and provide next steps by Friday, October 15, 2021.
- Note: Not everyone who applies will be accepted. We have a large number of applicants each year and not enough roles for everyone, so apply early!
How To Volunteer & Timeline
- The Student Volunteer Application is now open! Use the 2021 AAA Student Volunteer Application Google Form to apply.
- Apply by Friday, October 1, 2021.
- Wait for a confirmation of application email from Nell, which will also provide next steps, by Friday, October 15, 2021.
- You will receive a final confirmation from Nell with your volunteer roles, times, and schedule by Wednesday, November 3, 2021.
- Join the volunteer training webinar, to be scheduled during the week prior to the conference, November 8-12.
Volunteers will assist and support in the following key areas of the meeting:
- Meeting Exhibition Hall
- Meeting Check-in/Registration Desk
- Meeting Info Desk
- In-Person and Digital Accessibility
- AAA Business Meeting
- NAPA/AAA Career Expo
- ACE Showcase
- Volunteers are expected to be punctual, respectful, and helpful during shifts.
- It is beneficial to become knowledgeable on various aspects of the conference such as event locations, layout of the convention center, general conference information, and program details.
- Volunteers must join the volunteer training webinar prior to arriving to the meeting. More details about the time and date will be provided upon acceptance as a volunteer.
If you are interested in learning more about the roles and the days they are available as well as their accessibility, please visit the Student Volunteer Roles Page.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to apply to be a volunteer for the Annual Meeting. When applying, please be sure to indicate all access needs and/or accommodations that will need to be considered to support a successful volunteer opportunity. Your access needs will be incorporated where possible when reviewing selected and assigned volunteer roles.
If you would like to discuss your access needs and/or accommodations prior to applying to volunteer, please do not hesitate to send a note to Nell using the below questions form.
- All volunteers must first register and pay the student registration fees.
- Volunteers are required to work 8 hours over the course of the meeting to receive 100% registration reimbursement. To receive 50% registration reimbursement, volunteers are required to work at least 4 hours.
- Reimbursements are made 4–6 weeks after the conclusion of the Annual Meeting.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding volunteering for the Annual Meeting, please feel welcome to contact Nell (she/her/hers), AAA Accessibility & Meetings Manager, using the below form.
[contact-form to=”email@example.com” subject=”Question about Volunteering at the 2021 AAA Annual Meeting”][contact-field label=”Name (Pronouns, if comfortable)” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]