Table of Contents
The Executive Session Submission Portal is now closed.
- The submission portal for the Executive Call for Participation will open on Monday, January 9, 2023 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time.
- The submission deadline for all Executive Call Submissions to be completed is Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
- Accept/decline notifications for Executive Sessions will be sent the week of February 20, 2023.
View the Full Executive Call for Participation from 2023 Annual Meeting Co-Chairs
Executive Call for Participation Information Highlights
- Executive Session submissions are directly related to the Annual Meeting’s theme.
- A limited number of Executive Session submission will be accepted, and selection is highly competitive.
- Executive Sessions will be considered for both in-person and virtual programming. Please note that virtual programming will be competitive.
- The submission portal will open on Monday, January 9, 2023, and will close at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, January 25, 2023.
- Accept/decline notifications will be sent to submitters during the week of February 20, 2023 (via email).
- If you need assistance navigating the Executive Submission Portal or would like to preview what is required, please use the Executive Session Submission Guide (English or French).
General Submission Information
Submission Options for Groups of Two or More
Reminders and Updates:
- Eligibility: All Annual Meeting participants must be paid Annual Meeting registrants AND have active memberships (with AAA or CASCA) through November 13. Registration and membership reminders will be sent to all program participants after the preliminary program is announced in late-summer.
- Ability to present as a nonmember: Anthropologists outside of the United States or Canada, or non-anthropologists, may request a Non-Member Guest Presenter Rate, but meeting registration is still required. Non-member guest presenter rates must be requested by Wednesday, May 24, 2023.
- Financial assistance: For financial assistance with registration, please complete the Program Chair Waiver application prior to Wednesday, April 26, 2023. The completion of an application does not guarantee a waiver will be awarded.
- Elimination of double sessions: The Annual Meeting task force discontinued double sessions in 2014 to standardize the time unit for panels and address scheduling burdens. However, organizers can submit a series of single sessions (i.e. Part I, Part II) that will be individually reviewed and ranked by its merit. Part II may be accepted while Part I may not. The Executive Program Committee (EPC) will make every effort to ensure that accepted in part series are scheduled in proper order, but can’t make guarantees.
- AAA/CASCA CFP online submission portal: AAA/CASCA are continuing to use an online submissions portal, now powered by our vendor, Attendee Interactive (AI). All sessions and items for consideration of inclusion in the 2023 AAA/CASCA Hybrid Annual Meeting program MUST be submitted through this online portal — no exceptions. For technical assistance, please use the technical assistance tab in the online portal, or contact the AAA Meetings Team.
- Submission deadlines and time stamps: It is very important that submitters pay attention to all dates and time stamps outlined on this page and throughout the online submission portal. If a time stamp is listed, such as 3 p.m. ET, that is a hard deadline and the online portal will not allow any entries after that time. AAA staff are here to help and are happy to assist within our designated office hours of Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET. AAA appreciates your patience and understanding!
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023 – 11:59 PM Eastern Time
- Deadline for Executive Call for Participation Submissions to be completed in the Portal
Accept/decline notifications will be sent during the week of February 20.