Interactive Table of Contents
- The deadline to request a Guest Presenter Registration Rate (Membership Exemption) passed on Friday, April 30, 2021.
- At this time, any individual(s) wishing to participate on an Annual Meeting panel must join AAA and pay the Annual Meeting registration fee, no exceptions.
- If you are seeking financial assistance, learn more about other options on the Financial Assistance and Support Page.
Per AAA Participation Rules and Policies, all Annual Meeting program participants must be active AAA members and Annual Meeting registrants. Individuals wishing to present without joining AAA may request a Non-Member Guest Presenter Registration Rate. Approval of this rate does not include AAA membership or membership benefits. Per AAA Participation Rules and Policies, all Annual Meeting program participants must be active AAA members and Annual Meeting registrants. You do not have to be a member or registered for the meeting in order to submit to the call for papers.
Who is eligible?
Non-anthropologists and anthropologists living outside of the United States and Canada are eligible to receive an exemption of the membership requirement, but must pay the Guest Presenter Registration Rate to submit an abstract, proposal, or participate on the Annual Meeting program. They must apply for the membership exemption by logging into their own AAA account and following the steps outlined below. All Guest Presenter Registration Rates should be submitted by 5:00 PM Eastern on Friday, April 30, 2021. This nonmember rate cannot be requested after April 30, 2021, regardless of circumstance.
The AAA Meetings Department reviews all requests and will approve or decline the request within two business days.
How do I request a Guest Presenter Registration Rate (formerly the Membership Exemption)?
To request an exemption of the membership requirement,
- log onto Anthro Gateway and
- select “Request Assistance” on the left navigation menu.
- Under the Topic of Request header, select the following responses from the drop-down menus:
- Request: Annual Meeting Proposal Participant Registration
- Reason for Request:
- Request Guest Presenter Non-Student Rate
- Request Guest Presenter Student Rate
- Add a summary and details of why you are eligible for the guest presenter registration rate and submit by clicking Save.
The AAA Meetings Department will review your request and will approve or decline the request within two business days.
If the request is approved, you will be emailed and asked to pay the guest presenter professional or student registration fee.
If the request is declined, you will be contacted (via email), asked to join AAA, and pay the member non-student or student registration fee.
If my request is approved, do I still have to register for the Annual Meeting?
Per AAA Participation Rules and Policies, all Annual Meeting participants must pay a meeting registration fee to participate in the Annual Meeting. Approval of a membership exemption simply nullifies the requirement that proposal submitters must be members of AAA.
An exemption from the membership requirement does not provide a complimentary membership, and it does not annul the payment of a meeting registration fee.